Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thanksgiving Project - Baby Turkeys

I had a lot of feathers and such lying around from last week's turkey project, so I decided to put it all to good use and send out some Thanksgiving cards to the grandparents. I really loved this turkey craft idea, but I just sent hand prints last month in the form of Halloween spiders. So in the interest of not being repetitive, I did this instead:


The project was pretty simple, yet time consuming. I wanted to use brown cardstock as the turkey body, but I had every color under the sun in my craft closet EXCEPT brown. Lucky me, I had some brown poster paint, though. The feathers are leftover feathers from last week's project that I cut to size. The feet are drawn on with black marker. It took me about an hour and a half from start to finish, which includes drying time for the glue and addressing the envelopes.


No comments:

Post a Comment