Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Baby Food Recipe - Broccoli Soup

I kind of cheated on this one, but I'll post it anyway. I have a tried and true recipe from Food Network for cream of broccoli soup, so I basically used that and pureed Norah's before I added the cream.




olive oil
3 heads of broccoli
1 onion
1 carrot
4 tbsp flour
32 oz chicken stock
pepper

Put about two tablespoons of oil in a soup pot and heat. While the oil is heating chop up the veggies. (Don't worry about chopping too fine, because you're going to use an immersion blender, anyway.) Add veggies to oil and mix so all of the veggies get some oil. Once onions are soft (6 minutes), add flour. Toss the mixture and let cook until flour turns a caramel color. Add chicken stock and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and let simmer until broccoli is soft. Turn off heat and take an immersion blender to the pot. Once it's all blended, you can serve the same day, or portion it out and freeze it for later use.

For the adults: Add 1/2 cup cream after blending and top with croutons. The original recipe also calls for salt, but since I was using store bought chicken stock, I omitted it.

Servings: Four adult servings plus four 4 oz servings for baby

No comments:

Post a Comment