The theme of the party, as you may remember from the invitation, was "Under the Sea/Octopus" with hot pink, purple and blue as accent colors.
I saw a tutorial for no-sew bunting and knew this was right up my alley. You can check out all the details at The Eclectic Owl, but this is the basic idea:
- Cut out triangles as the base of the bunting.
- Cut circles to house each letter - make sure they fit inside the triangles!
- Choose your favorite font - in my case I used Sailor since that was one of the fonts I used on the invitations - and print letters large enough so they will sit perfectly inside the circles you just cut in Step 2.
- Trace the letters onto the felt and cut out.
- Glue the letters onto the circles and then circles onto the triangles.
- Attach each completed letter/circle/triangle set to the ribbon you will use to hang the bunting.
- Let dry for about 10 minutes and hang.
|A close up of one of the letters|
Pretty simple, huh?
I was running behind schedule and I didn't do the glueing until 10 minutes before people arrived, but the no-sew technique made it quick and easy.
If you are interested in sewing a more durable bunting that you can re-use, try this tutorial at Penny Carnival.
Happy (no) sewing!