Saturday, December 22, 2012

Holiday Craft: Daycare Provider Gift

It's that time of year again, and now with Norah, gift giving has entered a whole new level. I've found myself needing to buy gifts for people we've never had to worry about before. The most important new people on our list being Norah's daycare providers.

These three women take care of Norah every day and make it possible for us to go to work and not worry (at least not that much) about her. In my opinion, this calls for a special gift.

But what to get? There are about nine other kids in Norah's class, so I wanted to try and be original. I've heard from other teacher friends that the most gifted items are lotions and candles. Scratch those off the list.

Off to Pinterest I went, and ended up finding something perfect. A recipe for peppermint hot cocoa mix. Slightly unique and once they are finished with it they can recycle the jar and be left without any junk.


Ingredients:
1 cup powdered milk
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy

Directions:
Layer powdered milk, cocoa powder, sugar, salt, chocolate chips, and peppermint candy.

Notes:
The site I got this recipe from said to use a 1 quart container and it would fit nicely. As you can see below, I used a 1 quart container and had some room at the top, so you might want to go a bit smaller. Otherwise, just stuff some tissue paper at the top so the pretty layers don't get messed up.



Recipe Source

No comments:

Post a Comment