Thursday, September 19, 2013

What Are We Reading? - 9.19.13

This week, we found a real steal at a local baby shop we didn't know existed. Three great board books for only $6 total! To properly honor our bargain hunting skills, we've been reading them to Norah all week. The verdict is still out on whether she is as in love with our thrifty find as we are.

It is actually three story collections, including Bedtime Hugs, Read Me a Story and Mother Goose. Norah is still rough with her books, so this is a happy middle between a book with only pictures and an actual story book.


      

As for me, I've been gettin' my learn on with some books about The Tudor Dynasty. The books I've finished recently have all been historical fiction, but I thought it was a good place to start. Especially since I knew nothing about this time period. With historical fiction, it's hard to tell which statements are true, so I supplemented with a podcast to find out. And boy, oh boy, does Ms. Gregory take a lot of liberties to make her story juicy! All in all, they're definitely entertaining. When I'm finished all the books in the series, I plan to check out a documentary or a non-fiction book where I can put it all together.

Dad has been finishing up the Song of Ice and Fire series, so "Shh!", don't spoil it! I can't wait until he finishes so I can get rid of the constant fear of accidentally revealing a plot point he hasn't read about yet!

Happy Reading!

Items Mentioned in Today's Post
The Constant Princess - Philippa Gregory
The Other Boleyn Girl - Philippa Gregory
The Boleyn Inheritance - Philippa Gregory
A Dance with Dragons: A Song of Ice and Fire: Book Five by George R.R. Martin
The History Chicks - podcast: Teeny Tiny Tudor Tutorial | Tudor Grandmothers | Katherine of Aragon | Anne Boleyn | Last Four Wives of Henry VIII

No comments:

Post a Comment