Rachael over at The Revolution of Stay at Home Mom found my blog and gave me an award. For those of you who aren't immersed in the blogging world like I am, from time to time, other bloggers give these out so you can find links to blogs of like-minded people. It's also a nice way to tell someone you like their blog!
So now that this award has passed on to me, I must pass it on to others.
- Share 11 facts about myself
- Answer 11 questions from the blogger that nominated you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers for the award
- Create 11 questions for nominees to answer Link back to the person who nominated you
- I work full time as a tax accountant.
- Even though it sucks to clean your car off, I love the snow.
- I don't like swimming in the Atlantic Ocean. It is cold and murky and I have a constant fear of getting bitten by a jelly fish.
- My favorite part of travelling is packing. I like to challenge myself to fit everything in the smallest bag possible. Last year we went to Hawaii for almost two weeks and my bag was so small that if I my husband wasn't already checking his bag, I would have just did carry on.
- If I had unlimited money, I think I'd retire on the Big Island of Hawaii.
- I don't know how to drive a manual transmission.
- Cooking is one of my favorite ways to relieve stress.
- Though I love cooking, I cannot make a pancake to save my life. They always come out flat and spongy tasting. Even if I use the exact same ingredients that my husband does.
- I love entertaining and DIY party crafts.
- I really can't believe that Norah will be one next month. It blows my mind how fast this last year went.
- This summer we're going on a beach vacation with friends. I'm excited to see how Norah reacts to the ocean. Hopefully she does not share my fear of swimming in it!
When's the last time you laughed until your cheeks hurt?
Not sure if my cheeks hurt, but last Saturday when we were playing Taboo. The clues were very "interesting".
What's the best advice you've ever received?
When it comes to raising your child, you will always know best. Listen to what others have to say to gain perspective, but in the end, it is your decision to make and no one else's.
Which activities make you lose track of time?
Cooking and browsing the internet.
When's the last time you tried something new?
Just this week I set up my new sewing machine. Haven't started any projects yet, but I stitched some fabric together to practice a straight line.
If money wasn't a factor what would you be doing right now?
What's your favorite song of all time?
All time? Wow, that's a hard one. I can't really pick so I'll give you my favorite song right now: Radioactive by Imagine Dragons.
What's something that you wish you could do more of?
I'd like to cook more and spend more time with Norah. Also, sleep. Sleep would be great.
What's the last book you read?
Currently 75% through the last released book in the Song of Ice and Fire series, Dance with Dragons.
When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I always wanted to be a lawyer. Ended up being the next closest thing, accountant.
What do you believe in, without question.
Hard work always yields results.
What is something that most people would be surprised to learn about you?
Two years ago I started writing a book, but never finished editing it.
The Mommy Games
Stop, Drop and Blog
My Semi True Story
Still a Dancing Queen
Writing Pad Dad
Ittybits & Pieces - she already got a Liebster last week, but I like her blog, so I'm nominating her again. Check out her answers here.
Wages Wonderful Wacky World
- What is your favorite holiday?
- Who is your favorite celebrity?
- What is playing on your radio/ipod/iphone/other audio player of choice right this moment?
- What's your favorite part of blogging?
- What do you do for a living?
- What is your favorite place to vacation?
- What's your favorite food?
- What food can't you stand?
- If you had to live somewhere other than where you live right now for the rest of your life, where would it be?
- What are the last three books you've read?
- Where is your favorite place to shop?
I already linked her at the top, but please make sure you visit Racheal's blog, The Revolution of Stay at Home Mom. She has lots of great things to say!